About the Head of development role:
Our airline customers operate in a very tough economic environment and our ability to build and deploy applications that can adapt quickly to their demands is one of our key competitive differentiators. The Technical Architect position is a key in our SaaS (Software as a Service) service as we look to build our next-generation platform.
We are looking for a high-energy, enthusiastic head development with experience in working with distributed systems based on microservices. You are responsible for planning and setting up the right team, development of the solution and communication between involved parties. You are capable of translating business needs into technical solutions and ensuring that our systems run smoothly. You will work with backend and frontend developers and DevOps engineers to set up a highly scalable and reliable platform.
- As a disciplinary and functional supervisor, provide directions, coaching and support to the direct reports & their teams
- Determine organization needs, identify system specifications, and plan & design the structure of technology systems
- Analyze the needs of large systems and break them down into smaller manageable parts
- Communicate system requirements to the other software developers and explain system structure to them
- Choose suitable software, and hardware and suggest integration methods
- Oversee development and implementation of assigned programs and guide teammates
- Actively drive talent development in the area, for the direct and indirect reports
- Foster talent attraction, coach high potential talents
- Drive cultural change and a winning mentality in the team; role-model collaboration and teamwork with the peers heading the other Service Development & Support teams
- In collaboration with the team heads, create a consolidated yearly budget plan for the development & support center, agree it upon with the senior management, and be overall responsible for monitoring its progress and execution
- Build up close relation with corresponding Product BU. Contribute to the development and implementation of an agile, effective and efficient process landscape
- You have demonstrated strong leadership skills
- You have demonstrated experience managing teams of more than 30 devs
- You are very experienced in using analytic, strategic and communication skills
- You have a proactive attitude and high degree of independence
- You can act as an ambassador for a truly global team set up
- You have business fluent knowledge of English
- Some years international experience is a plus
- Proven experience in designing, implementing large-scale distributed systems and passion for operating highly available SaaS service
- Comfortable in fast-paced, start-up like development environments.
- Solid programming experience in GoLang and Java SE 8+
- Work experience with Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate)
- Good knowledge and practical experience applying DDD
- Good knowledge of DevOps principles, familiar with CI/CD pipelines, enthusiast of performing test automation
- Familiar with Maven, Git, Docker containers, Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with agile development processes
- Good understanding of Frontend Technologies and frameworks.
- Work from anywhere , preferable in Frankfurt am Main.
- Attractive, contemporary remuneration package
- Talented team and environment
- A great ecosystem of customers
- Join us at an exciting time as we embark on our next phase — we are well funded, profitable, and gearing up for growth
- Contract type: full-time / permanent position
Who we are
We are on a mission to transform fuel and cost management for airlines so they can maximize success. Success could mean increasing profitability, improving efficiency, staying competitive, or growing sustainably. We use our cloud-based, next-generation platform to do this, combined with our expertise in fuel and cost management best practice.
Our company was formed in 2021 following the merger of two leaders in the aviation fuel and cost management space. Together, we have over 100 customers, 20+ years of experience in the field, and well-established strategic partnerships with industry bodies like IATA.
Every year, we manage over 28% of commercial aviation fuel and more than $76bn of direct flight charges for airlines.
The headquarters and development center is in Europe, but we operate worldwide, with customers in the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
Our state-of-the-art cloud-based platform gives airlines a new way to improve fuel and cost management and delivers benefits that are critical success factors for any aviation business.
By partnering with our customers, we enable them to:
- reduce costs, improve profitability, enhance efficiency and gain transparency through powerful reporting; this means they can make ongoing improvements in financial and operational performance over the long term
- adopt up-to-date processes and technology so they build a robust, scalable infrastructure
- manage their carbon footprint by reducing unnecessary consumption and accurately tracking emissions from flights.
All of this provides a strong platform for sustainable growth.
We are dedicated to our customers’ success and doing what’s right for them. We know that only by making our customers successful can we create a sustainable business. That’s why we work closely with customers to understand their specific requirements, share our experience and expertise, and shape a solution to fit perfectly.
|Job Category||Developer, IT-Architekt, Software-Programmier|