About the product owner role:
Our airline customers operate in a very tough economic environment and our ability to build and deploy applications that can adapt quickly to their demands is one of our key competitive differentiators. The Product Owner position is a key in our SaaS (Software as a Service) offering as we look to build our next-generation platform.
- Act as an interface between scrum team and customer / product management and represents the customer vision and translate user requirements into system requirements
- Create and maintain the content of the product (Define Epic, Stories, Features, MVPs)
- Backlog in time by adding, deleting, refining and prioritizing customer requirements
- Accept or reject change requests from customer
- Organize events for customer demos and presentations
- Prepare the sprint supported by the scrum master and defines sprint goals based on the priorities from the product management
- Define priority within the product backlog for sprint cycles
- Define acceptance criteria for the stories and take over responsibility of the implemented stories by accepting them from the development team
- Accept or reject commitment of the individual Dev-Team
- Accept or reject deliverables / deviations from committed planning
- Plan and prepare the product releases in cooperation with the product management
- Create the product vision in cooperation with the product management
- Define, establish and maintain business value
- Identify project opportunities and support acquisition of new projects
- Lead the initial effort estimation
- Academic degree in computer science, information systems, or related field
- Previous working experience as a product owner
- Experience leading development of reporting applications and state of the art solutions in this field
- Project based experience
- In-depth knowledge of agile methodologies
- Thorough understanding of solutions, development from PoC to MVP leading to system in production
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowhow in database technologies (e.g. Oracle)
- Good understanding of cloud-native development and architecture
- Knowhow of agile frameworks (e.g. JIRA, Git, etc.)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Team player with intercultural competencies
- Work from anywhere in Germany, preferable in Frankfurt am Main.
- Availability to travel in Europe
- Attractive, contemporary remuneration package
- Talented team and environment
- A great ecosystem of customers
- Join us at an exciting time as we embark on our next phase — we are well funded, profitable, and gearing up for growth
- Contract type: full-time / permanent position
Who we are
We are on a mission to transform fuel and cost management for airlines so they can maximize success. Success could mean increasing profitability, improving efficiency, staying competitive, or growing sustainably. We use our cloud-based, next-generation platform to do this, combined with our expertise in fuel and cost management best practice.
Our company was formed in 2021 following the merger of two leaders in the aviation fuel and cost management space. Together, we have over 100 customers, 20+ years of experience in the field, and well-established strategic partnerships with industry bodies like IATA.
Every year, we manage over 28% of commercial aviation fuel and more than $76bn of direct flight charges for airlines.
The headquarters and development center is in Europe, but we operate worldwide, with customers in the Middle East, Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
Our state-of-the-art cloud-based platform gives airlines a new way to improve fuel and cost management and delivers benefits that are critical success factors for any aviation business.
By partnering with our customers, we enable them to:
- reduce costs, improve profitability, enhance efficiency and gain transparency through powerful reporting; this means they can make ongoing improvements in financial and operational performance over the long term
- adopt up-to-date processes and technology so they build a robust, scalable infrastructure
- manage their carbon footprint by reducing unnecessary consumption and accurately tracking emissions from flights.
All of this provides a strong platform for sustainable growth.
We are dedicated to our customers’ success and doing what’s right for them. We know that only by making our customers successful can we create a sustainable business. That’s why we work closely with customers to understand their specific requirements, share our experience and expertise, and shape a solution to fit perfectly.
|Job Category||Developer, IT-Architekt, Software-Programmier|